Aviation Blade Services is continually re-evaluating our tooling and procedures in an effort to lower repair costs for operators and to maintain our high quality standards.
The following are examples of improvements we have made over the years to our tooling and fixtures:
- Helium leak detection system to check BIM system for leaks
- Vertical mill to ream cuff bolts (instead of Sikorsky’s fixed reams)
- Electronic static balance systems for main and tail rotor blades
- Revised rotor blade holding fixtures for pocket bonding
- Media blast system for paint removal